October 27, 2019

Teaching English Inwards 2Nd Life

Over the by few weeks I've been pretty busy pedagogy my start English linguistic communication students on a Business English linguistic communication class I induce got been developing for Second Life.

The experience has been pretty daunting amongst myself too the students having to come upwards to price amongst the complexities of the user interface too I induce got felt at times that my 15 years of 'real world' classroom experience too the subconscious habits too reflexes that I developed over that menstruation induce got totally deserted me.

The introduction of phonation inside SL has sure enough made a huge difference, though at that topographic point are even too then problems too bugs to survive ironed out. Though to my surprise I did notice myself drilling a grouping of advanced learners to aid them amongst their discussion stress, something I rarely practise inward the 'real' linguistic communication classroom. To my relief though, the rank out of students inward the degree seems to survive steadily increasing rather than decreasing too they appear nifty to come upwards dorsum for more.

As business office of the class I've establish it necessary to give a lot of aid amongst the user interface, especially amongst some of the complexities of manipulating the phonation customer to acquire students into pairs too groups without having to shift them across the isle too then they don't overhear each other.

I've created these videos which induce got been actually useful both for myself too my students, too then I idea I'd portion them here. I promise that anyone involved inward pedagogy inward SL finds them useful, too anyone who isn't involved gets some insight into how this tool tin survive used, peculiarly for linguistic communication learning.


  • This i shows how yous tin acquire students into pairs or groups, too then that they entirely postulate heed the people yous are working with. (Be careful though. This characteristic even too then seems to survive a chip buggy)
    View the movie
  • This i shows how tin purpose the 'Active Speaker' panel too then that yous tin alter the book of the other speakers to a greater extent than or less yous or mute them.
    View the movie
  • This i shows yous how to practise a banker's complaint carte to accept notes during the lesson.
    View the movie
  • This i shows how to re-create notes from Second Life banker's complaint cards into a Word document (If yous desire to buy the farm on copies of your notes exterior of SL)
    View the movie
  • This i shows yous how to portion too top banker's complaint cards to other avatars / students.
    View the movie
  • This start i shows yous how to prepare the interface too then that yous tin psyche to sound too sentry video.
    View the movie
  • This i shows yous how to purpose the photographic telly camera tools to accept pictures / snapshots inside Second Life.
    View the movie

Hope yous relish too practise goodness from these. Please experience gratuitous to leave of absence comments.

Best Nik Peachey

No comments:

Post a Comment