May 10, 2006

Top Tools For E-Learning

For a piece immediately Jane Hart over at Jane's E-Learning Pick of the Day has been collecting the superlative 10 favourite tools of a hit of people involved inwards e-learning.

 favourite tools of a hit of people involved inwards e Top tools for e-learning
These create got been compiled into a top 100 from, would y'all believe it, a directory of over 2,000! Anyway, I'm proud to tell that I create got immediately also contributed my ain superlative 10 to the collection. I intend this is a bang-up idea thus create banking concern check out the collection. The collection of 2,000 is also categorized, thus if y'all are looking for something particular, similar a tool for blogging, (there are to a greater extent than than seventy of those) or a Virtual World tool (there are 31 inwards this category alone!) too then it's a bang-up identify to look. Anyway, if you'd rather non become through all those at the moment, here's a await at the 10 I submitted equally my superlative 10 tools.

Nik's Top 10 Tools equally at twenty March 2008

  1. Blogger: This is my basic essential survival tool for writing my blogs. As I await unopen to to a greater extent than I realise it's in all likelihood non the best tool inwards the Blue Planet for creating blogs, but it's for sure an tardily tool to purpose too 1 that does the chore good too doesn't terms anything.
  2. Second Life: I seem to create got gotten drawn into Second Life, despite the fact that it's far from my favourite virtual world, too I immediately rent my ain portion infinite there. I was drawn inwards past times an increasing amount of course of teaching blueprint travel that I acquire related to it too a fascination amongst the interface too the illusion of 3D. Great identify to create got a coming together too, much prefer it to using Skype.
  3. NVU: This is a novel tool that I've started using of late for spider web management too development. I create got been using DreamWeaver for quite some time, but decided to construct the switch to a gratuitous tool that I could purpose on both PC too MAC equally my re-create of DreamWeaver became increasingly out of appointment too unstable. So far it's worked out pretty good too the learning flexure has been quite uncomplicated to bargain with.
  4. Instapaper: This is some other gratuitous tool which I purpose almost every day. It's a variety of cross betwixt a temporary favourites page too an annotation / bibliography tool. It creates a pocket-size plug inwards for my Firefox task bar too whenever I topographic point something I desire to read I click on a read afterwards push clit which saves the link to my Instapaper page. Then when I create got some fourth dimension I tin become dorsum too read through the articles too either delete them, annotate them equally a bibliography or only acquire out them equally read.
  5. Stumble upon: This is 1 of my favourite plug ins for Firefox. It's a bang-up agency to notice novel sites too I purpose it when e'er I create got a gratuitous moment. You tin create your ain favourites page too percentage the sites y'all notice equally good equally adding novel sites too reviewing them. But the best characteristic is only clicking on the Stumble push clit too looking at random sites that matches my involvement criteria
  6. Google Browser sync for Firefox: This is some other bang-up plug inwards for Firefox too it enables me to sync history, favourites, passwords etc across my Firefox browser on whatever computer. I often create got a MAC too PC running at the same fourth dimension too thus this keeps all my browser data synchronised without me having to create anything apart from install the plug in.
  7. Google analytics: This is a bang-up agency to rails stats for websites too blogs etc too it's free. The data is a lot to a greater extent than accurate too inwards depth than many paid for tools too gives me loads of data near my site content, where my visitors are coming from too what they are looking at etc. I'm addicted to it!
  8. Hottnotes: Juggling lots of dissimilar projects along amongst identify unit of measurement commitments too running my ain work organisation tin acquire a chip overwhelming sometimes. Hottnotes truly helps me proceed on superlative of things too recall those meetings too telephone conferences. I tin create post-it type reminders for my desk superlative or to-do lists too programme them to remind me when specific tasks should survive done. Essential stuff, only a shame in that place isn't a MAC version.
  9. BBFlashback: This is the only tool inwards my superlative 10 that I create got truly paid for. It's a software tool for recording shroud cast tutorials too I've used it for all of the tutorials on my blog. It's tardily to use, reliable too adding branding, call-outs too good is all pretty easy. It also exports to a lot of dissimilar formats including Flash swf files too avi files. I tin also import curt avi video files made on my digital photographic television camera too edit them too and then export them to Flash (I notice that useful honest!)
  10. My Yahoo Feed Reader: I'm sure this in all likelihood isn't the best feed reader inwards the Blue Planet but MyYahoo homepage is what I started amongst too I've got comfortable too stuck amongst it. RSS is 1 of those truly big fourth dimension savers too I tin scan all of the novel content on my favourite sites too blogs inwards only a few minutes too selection out the things I'm interested inwards reading, non to refer my horoscope too Blue Planet news. It's saved me hours of going from site to site.
Hope y'all taste these.

Best

Nik

No comments:

Post a Comment