February 26, 2006

Developing Your Digital Report Skills

Making the motion from our prophylactic as well as trusted traditional literacy habits to newer digital skills tin hand notice last quite a challenge, but every bit teachers I intend nosotros are actually unlikely to last able to purpose technology scientific discipline as well as aid our students purpose technology scientific discipline actually effectively unless nosotros are prepared to appear upwards this challenge. Technology needs to last to a greater extent than than business office of the agency nosotros instruct but it also has to last business office of the agency nosotros ourselves come about to larn as well as business office of our everyday professional person practice.


Scrible is i tool that has been helping me to brand this footstep away from my newspaper as well as pencil written report habits as well as towards a to a greater extent than efficient as well as digital agency of learning.

Scrible enables me to supersede my highlighter, viscid notes as well as coloured pens as well as to travel alongside similar tools conduct on the reckoner screen.


As an information addict, I pass quite a lot of my fourth dimension scanning through blogs as well as mag articles virtually educational technology scientific discipline as well as linguistic communication learning as well as trying to hold rail of useful quotes as well as information from around the web. Recently I convey started using Scrible to aid me do this.

Scrible is a uncomplicated browser plugin that I tin hand notice activate whenever I honour something interesting online. The plugin opens a toolbar which enables me to annotate as well as grade upwards webpages alongside different coloring highlighters, viscid notes as well as alter the coloring of the text.


But is tin hand notice do to a greater extent than than this, because it also enables me to salvage the articles as well as webpages I convey commented on, along alongside my my annotations into a library as well as then that I tin hand notice come upwards dorsum as well as honour them later.

Once I convey saved the annotated pages I tin hand notice also portion them alongside others past times creating a uncomplicated link. These links tin hand notice last either every bit ‘read only’ (the students tin hand notice run across my annotations but non alter them) or every bit ‘editable’ pages (students  tin hand notice run across my annotations as well as also add together their own) that I tin hand notice come about collaboratively.

For me this is a slap-up written report assist as well as actually ensures that I tin hand notice acquire back, honour as well as review all the articles I’ve studied.

How to purpose Scrible EFL / ESL students
We tin hand notice acquire our students to use Scrible inwards the same agency that nosotros would to written report an online text, though nosotros tin hand notice also purpose it to focus them on linguistic communication evolution too. Here are some suggestions.

  • Get students to position as well as alter the coloring of all collocations. They tin hand notice purpose different colours for different types.
  • Use the viscid notes to laid upwards reading tasks as well as comprehension questions as well as acquire students to highlight the business office of the text where they honour the answer.
  • Get students to read a text as well as post viscid banker's complaint questions virtually it for y'all to answer.
  • Get students to coloring code different parts of speech communication inside the text.
  • get students to coloring highlight different verb structures. They could also travel out viscid notes proverb what the construction is or what purpose of the construction is beingness demonstrated.
  • Get students to purpose viscid notes to define words from the text.


 What I’m non as well as then certain about
  • The toolbar tin hand notice last a piddling fleck fiddly sometimes as well as it’s hard to attach viscid notes to specific areas of images.
On the whole I actually like Scrible as well as convey institute it actually useful to aid me motion away from pen as well as newspaper inwards a agency that makes much to a greater extent than feel every bit most of my studying is done online using digital resources.

I promise y'all hand it a endeavor too.

Related links:

Best

Nik Peachey

No comments:

Post a Comment